Sunday 30 September 2012

[Reupload] Make Up Bases

The weather's been quite warm recently until this week where it has been slightly colder but whilst it was warm I have been meaning to invest in a base for ages but never got round to it. It is important to use as it can have sunscreen in it to protect your face from the sun and it also makes you look less porous (sp?) and have a much smoother finish on your face.

So I checked around and I saw that the MAC Face Protect Protection Visage had many good reviews and it also has an SPF of 50 which attracted me to it the most since I am Chinese and would rather be lighter than darker!


IMG_5116


It is 30ml, I bought it for £19.50 so not too bad but it is MAC so expect it to be a little expensive. The actual base is white in colour and a little bit thick, not runny at all, kinda like how thick foundations can be. On first impressions of using it...Personally, I don't like it very much. Before I was using it like you would a normal base... Rub onto a clean moisturized face and then add foundation/tinted moisturizer, quite normal, makes sense but doing this did not give me a good result or at least not what I was expecting to happen, it was not smooth and my skin didn't look like it had a slight flawless finish. I know some people may disagree with this because it works for them but it didn't seem to want to work with my skin. I however, came up with a different way to put it on, I mixed it with my tinted moisturizer an then rubbed it in either with my hands or my foundation brush either way is fine and it seemed to work better it even lightened up the colour of my tinted moisturizer which was good since mines a little dark anyway (there's only 3 colours to choose from and light was too light for me and medium's a little dark but better than using the light.). I can't say that I'm too fond of the smell either it smells kinda funny...


I don't know if you've noticed but one of my favourite brands is Shiseido Maquillage. When I went to Hong Kong earlier in the year I bought over $1000HKD worth of stuff so they gave me lots of free samples, I actually got a little small packet sample of the base that they currently have in their collection, the Maquillage Styling Keep Base UV. Upon trying it I loved it! It smells very pleasant, I can't think of anything that it smells similar to unfortunately but it is a nice smell, it is also a lovely light pink-ish colour. It is extremely runny, if you squeezed one pump onto you hand and held your hand vertical, it would drip off, that's how runny it is but I like that because it feels more light weight after you rub it in rather than feeling like you have a layer of something like a barrier all over your face like how the MAC felt when I first put it on.do use this everyday now and the MAC is put aside for now... I use this like you would a normal base so no mixing with this one. Also, I only use tinted moisturizer so I'm not using a foundation with these, I don't like using a foundation on daily basis since its too heavy for me. Here's what it looks like...


IMG_5115


It is also 30ml and I bought this off Adam Beauty for $35USD so a little more expensive than the MAC but have to add that Adam (the owner of the site) is very good at communicating and it was super fast delivery! I was expecting it to take over a week as it was being shipped from Hong Kong but it got to me sooner than expected. Out of the MAC and this one, I must say I prefer this one alot more. It gives me a good flawless finish, I have a few marks on my face and its not completely covered up but it is a lot less noticeable with this base whereas the MAC did not do this for me as well. It has less SPF, it only has 24 but living in England, this is sort of enough for me since it is mostly cold than hot!


I thought I might as well take a comparison picture whilst I was taking a picture of these...


IMG_5117


As you can see, it looks like the same size and it makes sense since they are both 30ml. The MAC is an upside down squeezy tube whilst the Maquillage is a pump. I think I will definitely purchase the Maquillage again as for the MAC, I will use it up after I am finished with the Maquillage but I don't think its on my buy again list as it doesn't seem to work in harmony with my skin very well...

No comments:

Post a Comment