Sunday 28 October 2012

[Reupload] Egyptian Magic Cream

Egyptian Magic... Heard of it? Its an all purpose cream that can be used for dry skin, burn skin, scars amongst many other things. CLICK HERE to go to their official website, I mainly bought it for the scar reduction ability and maybe sometimes for the dry skin. I bought mine off of eBay for around £27, the tub is 4oz/118 ml and its made in the USA.
IMG_5232



It is made from only 6 natural ingredients, Olive oil, Beeswax, Honey, Pollen, Royal Jelly and Propolis Extract (Propolis is a resinous mixture that honey bees collect from tree buds, sap flows, or other botanical sources.).

How to use it is to get a small amount onto your hands and the best way to use it is to rub your hands together until it gets oily like, what it feels like is, imagine you have some olive oil and it ends up being so cold that it goes into a solid, that's exactly how the Egyptian Magic feels. Sometimes after rubbing your hands together you might still find some small lumps that haven't melted but what I usually do is just breathe over your fingers with some cream in to warm up the cream before rubbing your hands together and that usually does the trick in making it all melty! Then it is best to massage in circular motions to rub it in. This is what it looks like and how much I have used already!
IMG_5314



I have used it for about 1 month now I think, an truthfully, it hasn't done anything for me yet - however, whilst I was ill I didn't use it for a week because I didn't really have the energy to do anything! But as I said I am using it for the scar reducing ability and I have loads of old eczema scars well, everywhere really. I am going to carry on using and maybe when I see a difference I will let you know. FYI, I have also tried using Bio Oil, again for scar reducing and that was note very good at all, with Bio Oil it just feels like your dousing oil all over yourself! But I won't slam it too much, it does absorb after about 15 - 20 minutes but I usually did it after a shower so I would be rubbing it whilst sitting on my bed and I was always really scared to put my legs down incase it made my bed sheets all oily. I still have that feeling with the Egyptian Magic but its not as a big deal because its more like a petroleum cream as opposed to really wet oil.

I started using on my face hoping that it would help my complexion, fade marks and evening out my skin tone. I did it for about a week and initially it feels really horrible and sticky because the cream is thick and it takes quite a while to absorb too and after using for a week, I didn't really see a vast improvement in softness or anything so I decided to stop doing it since it feels quite uncomfortable. I have tried using on my lips as well, it works okay but still no where near as quickly effective as Vaseline but I must admit that sometimes Vaseline can irritate my lips and I end up scratching my lips quite a lot and this did not happen with the Egyptian Magic so I now carry around a small pot of it in my bag to use.

I think with a product like this, it takes time around like 3 months to see gradual improvements and it doesn't really work with old scars. You must be really determined to see the visible results and and put it on at least once a day but out of this cream and Bio-Oil,I definitely prefer this one as you can still use it whilst wounds are still open whereas with the Bio-Oil you must wait until the wound is fully healed before you can start the scar healing process and also the Egyptian Magic is almost like an all purpose cream so you can use it for eczema and even if you burn yourself, I burnt myself with my hair curlers, it was only small on my thumb but I put the Egyptian Magic on it a few times a day and there seems to be nothing there now (=.

As for buying it again or not... I'd probably say yes to use for dry skin rather than for scar reduction.

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and New Year! Have you kept to your resolutions? Mine is to work hard and graduate this year so let's hope I do stick to mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment