Sunday 28 October 2012

[Reupload] IQQU

NOTE: IQQU is no longer associated with Michelle Phan, I believe she sold the company so she could have more time with her projects such as her Lancome work. This product has also discontinued )= Shame.. I really liked it!

Hi Everyone!!
IMG_5277

I've been so busy lately! End of semesters always mean loads and loads of deadlines so I haven't had the time to write )= I'm still working on some work now but I'm taking a break to talk to you about IQQU Skin Rejuvenator that I bought when it was the black friday sale a while back.


IMG_5281



For those who don't know, IQQU is the brand by Michelle Phan aka RiceBunny, she is basically the original beauty guru of YouTube! If you haven't come across any of her video's then you should search for her! I have wanted to try her products for quite a while because not only did she formulate the products herself with scientists but she uses them on a daily basis and her skin is soooo perfect! There are RAVING reviews of her Acne Serum, with that I'd love to try it but I don't have acne so it would not be a great use to me!

As she was having a black friday sale it meant that most products went from being $33 to $25! but shipping is quite expensive which is why I didn't try it straight away. For me it costed $8 so it meant the equivalent of buying the product normally with free shipping but still, it was cheaper so I bought it! I got it quite quickly in the post but since there were probably a million orders that Michelle was dealing with, she had abit of a delay with some orders as she was packing I think all the US orders herself and something also went wrong so she needed to manually email everyone that ordered and ask them again poor girl! I got confused at the time as I replied and heard nothing back and I was unable to sign into my account too to check the progress of my order so I filled out the 'Contact Us' form on her website http://www.iqqubeauty.com/int/index.php and she replied after about a day and explained the situation to me but after less than a week after ordering, I got my package with the skin rejuvenator in!

This is what the skin rejuvenator can do for you...

This product is for you if...

You want to hydrate your skin without your skin feeling oily.
You want to even out your skin tone.
You want your skin to retain moisture.
You want an extra lift and stimulate collagen production.
You want to renew your skin without irritation.
You want to give your skin natural antioxidant and sunscreen.

I wanted everything that this product can offer! When I received the package I literally just ripped it out the box and wanted to use it! I have used it for a bit now and it is quite moisturizing. This is not the best time for me to be testing it though since every year around this time I have really bad skin problems because of the weather, it started snowing in London not long ago! so temperatures have been dropping below 0 and usually when going to University, I commute for 2 hours with constant changes on different trains so usually going from in to out and out to in with the heat from the inside and the cold outside, it has damaging effects on me that I haven't had since I started going to University (Luckily this is the last year!) It's currently on the mend at the moment though since its thankfully the holidays!

I digress though... back to the product, It has no fragrance to it and it is a cloudy white colour. The cream itself is like a gel, thin and light weight as advertised, it absorbs well with little effort and immediately leaves your skin feeling soft but not if you have very dry skin even with eczema or psoriasis, I have some patches at the moment and they don't immediately disappear but remember, this isn't a miracle cream!

This is what the cream itself looks like... That little blob of cream is about half a pump and you can see that its slightly starting to trickle down my hand, I had it there for about 30 seconds to take the picture and I don't know if you can see the faint line on top of my hand I've rubbed some in and its already starting to absorb!


IMG_5317 copy

I am using it by itself and not using the revitalizer as suggested as this was the first time trying this brand at all and if I had any problems with it then I wouldn't feel like I've wasted any money on stuff that I can't use and really want to! Out of this and the Laneige Emulsion that I use, I prefer the Laneige it has been developed for sensitive skin whereas the IQQU is designed for everyone and not one product, I believe, can suit everyone. Also, considering that I can't buy either of a products in a shop, they were both around £20 for me and the IQQU is 30ml and the Laneige is 100ml so money wise the Laneige is currently still winning.

All in all, I love the product and If I could, I would buy everything from IQQU and use it, Michelle uses it and look how perfect her skin is! But, long term wise, for a student, it is quite costly for what you are buying and there are some design flaws with the bottle that I have noticed, its in a standard regular pump bottle but sometimes some cream can get stuck under the nozzle so its not very hygienic and after each pump, there is still some that comes out - quite similar with what happens to hair mousse so if you just pump once and then replace the lid, you'll find that its leaked abit which is not great either with it being wasteful, I can't say for sure though whether it is a design flaw or something happened during the posting but to me it looks all normal which is why I am calling it a design flaw.

Again, Sorry for the lack of updates and not even one for over a month but I have been busy and just had no time to even sleep! I hope you have all have a lovely holiday and keep warm! (If your in a cold place of course, if your not, I'm very jealous of you!). Take care of yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment